Thursday, January 24, 2008

Scooter

I want a new scooter. Actually, just a faster one. Now that I live in a city that has practical access to interstates and freeways, it drives me nuts some days how my current scoot tops out just under the necessary speed to keep up with traffic. Notice I said traffic, and not speed limit. Technically I max out at the speed limit, probably slightly over by a couple mph. But seeing how 99.9% of traffic drives 5 - 10 mph over the speed limit, it's not exactly the smartest idea for me to be out there slowing people down.

As I gain more riding experience, unfortunately, I've come to realize rather quickly with each new scooter, that I would like more speed. And after much thought lately, I think I would be totally satisfied with a 250cc scooter which equates to about 80 mph. That way I can realistically hop on the interstate if I need to get across town quickly, but yet still obtain maximum fuel efficiency. Problem is, more cc's equal more money. I've looked around at quite a few models, and even the best deals start at about $4500. But the one I would really like to get, the Vespa GTS 250, starts at $6000. That's half of a Smart Car.

So alas, logic takes over and says I need to wait till I can get rid of/pay off the two scooters that I have. And really, when it comes down to it, my Kymco does great for what I use it for...mainly commuting to work. I just have to take the side streets which are usually about five minutes slower.

Sounds like a perfect opportunity for another ING savings account :)

No comments: