Thursday, January 31, 2008

Super Bowl

I typically don't care about the Super Bowl. I mean, I'll usually drop in to parts of it, likely sometime near the end to see who's winning, or for the sake of watching a potential good ending to a game (if it's close). But this year I think I might actually watch most of it, or at least more than usual. The Patriots have the chance to become only the second team in the Super Bowl era to go undefeated. The only other time this happened was 36 years ago in 1972 when the Miami Dolphins ran the table and finished 17-0. So I figure why not see a part of sports history? I might not see this again until I'm in my 60's...if ever. With the whole free agency set up, I think it's harder than ever for teams to consistently be good, let alone be good enough to go undefeated. In the old days, once you were on a team, that was your team. Your team was either good or bad. No jumping ship the next year to the highest bidder, and no ability to buy other free agents. Anyways...
Another drawing point is Tom Brady. He's a likable guy for the most part, and more so, he's a Michigan alum. What's not to like about that? Right before our eyes he's becoming one of the greatest QB's the NFL has ever seen. Way to represent Tom.

1 comment:

Bentley said...

yes the prospect of perfection has a certain appeal doesn't it.