Thursday, June 19, 2008

Road Trip

So I found out at work today that I get to drive one of our Stantec trucks to our Buffalo, NY office. From there someone else will then take it the rest of the way to Kitchener, ON, or there-abouts. It won't be too bad I suppose except that I will be by myself. On top of that I will be towing a dynamometer machine. It's this machine that puts a constant amount of stress on the road, and then measures how the road handled that stress. Anyways, it's about the size of a jet-ski, except it weights about 2,000lbs. So hopefully that doesn't slow me down too much. Other than that I think I'll potentially enjoy most of the trip. I'm always up for a good road trip, especially when I get paid to do it! It should take me about three or four days at the most, hopefully. Here's the approximate route I will be taking:



View Larger Map


As it stands, the plan is to spend the first night in the Amarillo, TX and Oklahoma City region. The second night around the St. Louis and Indianapolis region. And the third night in Buffalo. We'll see how the plan pans out. Would be nice to be back home sometime on Thursday.

2 comments:

Bentley said...

I love road trips

Ryan Moore said...

esp when they're paid for!