Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Orange Juice Not Included

I don't go to McDonald's for breakfast very often, so maybe I'm just out of the loop.  But the last two times that I've gone (at different locations I might add) they now seem to charge extra for OJ when you get a value meal.  This is preposterous! OJ has ALWAYS been a drink option for your combo!  Not sure who's bright idea this new policy change was; but my "not very often" stops for breakfast at Micky D's, have now instantly become "never".  

I know what you're thinking, "Dude, it's 50 cents, who cares?"  It's more of principle for me.  Not only did I apparently miss the memo that OJ would cost extra, but since the beginning of time Micky D's has given you the choice of coffee, soda, or OJ for breakfast value meals, and now they change it?  If it was some tempory discount because of a promotion, I would understand.  But it' not.  Not to sound old fashioned, but that's the ways it's ALWAYS been!  You can't change it now! Haha.  Who knows...maybe I'm just developing "Old Disgruntaled Man Syndrom" 50 years too early.

3 comments:

Ryan Moore said...

dude, I agree. I was so CONFUSED when they tried this bit on me. I took me a while to figure this out that they were actually trying to charge me for the OJ. Crazy!

I see it this way. You know McDonalds is terrible for you. but it's CHEAP. so they start taking away CHEAP and they're going to have problems.

EMo said...

Haha, well said my brother! It's probably a good thing to have another reason to deter me from going there in the first place.

Anonymous said...

Well, that's good that there's something to deter you from eating at Micky D's, cause Lord knows my efforts have not stopped you. :)